If I disagree with an officer's traffic accident report, what can I do?

Officers are traffic accident report takers only. They assess each accident on a case by case basis. Officers make a determination as to the contributing factors in the accident, but they do not determine fault. If you disagree with the final accident report, you should contact the officer to discuss your concerns. The officer has the final say in how the report is written. Who pays for damage and other related costs is a matter which must be determined in civil court and/or between insurance companies. You should contact your insurance agent and/or an attorney.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?
2. How do I file a police report?
3. Who do I call to see if I have any outstanding warrants?
4. Who do I call to see if someone is in jail?
5. How can I get fingerprinted?
6. How do I compliment or complain about a Shelbyville police officer/department employee and/or police service?
7. How do I find out how much a traffic ticket is?
8. If I disagree with an officer's traffic accident report, what can I do?
9. Who should I contact for the status of my hit and run accident report?
10. How can I arrange to have a Child Safety Seat Technician assist me in installing my new car seat?
11. How can I attend the Citizen's Police Academy?
12. Where can I get information about applying for the Shelbyville Police Department (sworn and/or civilian positions)?
13. What are the requirements to apply for a position as a Shelbyville Police Officer?
14. Is there a fee for a parade permit and are there any special conditions?
15. How can I get a crime prevention or other related police presentation for my group, school or organization?
16. How can someone report speeders on their street or request additional traffic speed monitoring?
17. Does the Shelbyville Police Department have a police reserve program?
18. How can I get a Shelbyville Police Department patch?