1-800-648-6056 for the Hearing Impaired

Shelbyville is one of the most diverse communities in Kentucky. Our unique blend of agriculture, business and industry, coupled with our attitude of a small town atmosphere makes Shelbyville a wonderful place to visit, live, or work. Based on 2010 census, Shelby County has a population of 42,074 which includes the City of Shelbyville.

Boil Water Advisory has been issued:

Boil Water Advisory Issued 12/5/2018

Senior Citizen Resource for finding housing…


Contact Public Works at 633-1094 for:

*FREE leaves and mulch

*Pickup of tree limbs from storm damage

*Pick-up of live Christmas Trees upon request until the end of January

Looking for Work?? Check here!

*City of Shelbyville Fire Department: https://wp.me/P8u2aZ-1g

*Shelby County Industrial Development Foundation Job Opening Link: http://shelbycountyindustrialfoundation.com/getajob/

Do you or someone you know need help during a difficult time? Click on the link below to learn about Metro United Way’s 211 Program.

City Tax Information:  Look up your City of Shelbyville Taxes!!  Go to:  ptax1.csiky.com\Shelbyville

Quick Links/Information

Code of Ordinances
Our full code of ordinances can be searched and viewed by visiting the following link:

Open Records Request

*Grant Applications for Tourism Related Projects. Click here for more information and deadlines for application:  Tourism Grant Request Form

Grant Application is Closed for 2018

*Community Enhancement Appropriations Fund (Charitable Contributions Appropriations Fund)
Non-profit organizations may apply for funds by downloading the application form and submitting it and other required documents to City Hall between January 1st and February 28th of each year. The project must demonstrate a community benefit and be delivered or post-marked by February 28th.

No application will be accepted after February 28th. 

No Solicitation at Intersections!!
No organization may solicit donations at intersections within the City of Shelbyville

Yard Sale Permits
$5.00 for a period of not more than 3 consecutive days,  a limit of twice a year per address.

Comments are closed.